What is the latest version of CW that will support the MC9S12DG256 for evaluation and testing?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the latest version of CW that will support the MC9S12DG256 for evaluation and testing?

davidgrigg
Contributor I

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

to work with MC9312DG256, you need to use CW5.1. attached video is for how to download CW5.1. Hope this helps!

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davidgrigg
Contributor I

Jennie,

Got your video.  I was able to go to that section of the account SW page and download V5.1 now.  For some reason, I had gone there before and had not seen anything.  Maybe my account recently updated license info.

Anyway, now my problem is that it will not install.

I am on Windows 7 64bit.

I get the following message during install:

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks again,

David

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David.

Yes, CW5.1 support 64bit win7.

1. Do you have admin right of your win7? Please make sure you have admin right.

2. please try to install CW in a selfdefined folder. for example D:\CW5_1

3.regarding to the Windows 7 system, I would also highly recommend installing the Service Pack 1.

we got some reports of installation issue on Windows 7 without SP1. These problems solved after installation of SP1.

4. please disable all the virus defender and firewall during install.

5. some users have install problem if no win7 SP1 installed. please install win7 SP1.

6. below steps are to fix CW and win7 compatibility problem:

-       Right click IDE.exe in the \bin folder.

-       Select    “Properties”

-       Select    “Compatibility”

-       Select    “Change settings for all users”

-       Select    “Run this program in compatibility mode for”

-       Select    “Windows Vista” from pull down menu

-       Select    “Disable visual themes” & “Disable desktop composition” &” Disable display scaling on high DPI settings”.

-       Do NOT select  “Run in 256 colors” & “Run in 640x480 screen resolution”.

-       Hit OK.

7. if the problem persists, I suggest you try win7 xp mode. See below:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/app_note/AN3936.pdf

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

davidgrigg
Contributor I

Jennie,

Thank you for reply, but I don't see your attached video.  However, if it is the same one that I have followed before, it says that I need 5.1, you are correct, but there seems to no longer be a link on the download site to get V5.1, only V5.2.

0 Kudos