Is there an S12Z compiler/toolchain available that would allow me to build in MATLAB/Simulink?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an S12Z compiler/toolchain available that would allow me to build in MATLAB/Simulink?

dsamarin
Contributor I

We are trying to use the MM9Z1_638 in a new battery management system design. Our battery models are currently designed in Simulink, and we would like to develop the rest of the system in Simulink as well. I know that in the Hardware Implementation menus in Simulink I can choose Freescale (NXP) S12X, but that essentially only adjusts data type sizes. I'm looking for something slightly more integrated, and specifically for the S12Z (the MCU core on the MM9Z1). Is there a toolchain available to do this? NXP/Freescale or 3rd party?

Thanks,

Daniel

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately, I don’t have experience with MATLAB/Simulink generation code for S12(X/Z). However, there exist Motor Control Development Toolbox which applies this approach.

In fact, the Motor Control Development Toolbox supports S12ZVM device with S12Z core.

It is paid product focused mainly on motor control, but you may try contacting this team at address RAppID@freecale.com and ask for advice or personal solution.

BTW:

According to table at NXP Support from Embedded Coder - Hardware Support :

The MCUs with S12Z core are covered by "S12 MagniV" entry.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos