Where to find DTB for P5040RDB?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find DTB for P5040RDB?

kenmoore
Contributor II

The QorIQ SDK only has support and image for the DS part.  Is there no support for the RDB part anywhere?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You are right.

This task is not simple task.

Use NXP Professional Services for this task:

http://www.nxp.com/support/nxp-professional-services:PROFESSIONAL-SERVICE

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It looks like that sole method is SDK 2.0 u-boot and Linux porting to the P5040RDB board.

See the following page:

http://www.stlinux.com/u-boot/porting

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

kenmoore
Contributor II

I appreciate the time you take to answer these questions, and I don't mean to be flippant, but this is quite frustrating to buy a current part that has seen at least two revisions of hardware but still ships with a 3+ year old software base.

Also, I'm not sure how providing a link to a Linux distro that doesn't even support the QorIQ family of processors is helpful.

Clearly porting a newer-than-2013 version of U-boot to the P5040RDB is non-trivial, otherwise NXP would've just kept it updated along with the DS line.

kenmoore
Contributor II

Thanks for the response, however I actually have the board in house, so I'm well aware of what it ships with and what's on the fact sheet.

The problem is that it shipped with SDK version 1.3 - the image that's on it is from 2013, even though I acquired it only 2 months ago.  The version of U-boot that is installed doesn't support what I'm trying to do, and I can't find an image to put on it to update it other than the DS version.

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the P5040RDB Fact Sheet:

http://www.nxp.com/files/netcomm/doc/fact_sheet/P5040RDBFS.pdf?fasp=1&WT_TYPE=Fact%20Sheets&WT_VENDO...

This document contains the following:

The P5040RDB is shipped with a prebuilt u-boot/Linux image programmed in flash memory to get developers up quickly to a Linux prompt. The system includes a Linux board support package (BSP) that provides a comprehensive starting point for Linux development efforts. This BSP is tested for the P5040 processor and the P5040RDB development system, ensuring an operational tool chain, kernel and specific peripherals that are ready to use together. The P5040RDB Linux BSP includes u-boot boot loader, Linux kernel, device drivers, Yocto package manager, applications, services, libraries and GNU tools such as compilers and linkers.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

0 Kudos