cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbake options

Jump to solution
chandraevolute
Contributor V

what is the difference between bitbake -c compile -f linu-imx and bitbake linu-imx

whenI run bitbake -c compile -f linu-imx this command it executed succesfully but when I try to do bitbake linu-imx it fails

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please look at the following

Useful bitbake commands

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chandraevolute
Contributor V

I tried to run core-image-minimal and it is running 3.14.28 version  instead if 3.14.38...the 3.14.28 does not support for 3.14.38

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please look at the following

Useful bitbake commands

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
chandraevolute
Contributor V

Thank you YuriMuhin_ng got the difference...

one more issue is when I do bitbake fsl-image-gui the .sdcard image is showing 880MB size. How can I reduce the rootfs. where as my zImage is 4MB only.

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

the .sdcard image includes U-boot, kernel and file system.

It  requires to remove non-needed packages in order to reduce file system.

Perhaps it would be better to use core-image-minimal configuration.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos