RT Preempt SCM Quick Start Board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT Preempt SCM Quick Start Board

aliismail
Contributor IV

I started to build a linux image for the SCM quick start board. One of the goals is to apply the RT preempt patch to the linux kernel. Currently, I am using the quick start information to build a basic linux image, however, I am not sure if there is a simple way to patch the imx kernel with an rt patch or if one already exists that I can point bitbake to when it goes to generate the entire image.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

aliismail
Contributor IV

Hi Igor,

So I have applied the SCM patches and was able to complete the build. I went through the link about RT patches and I am still a little confused about where to find the RT patches, where to place them to get applied to the kernel, and if there are any flags to get set in local.conf in the build_x11 folder. After going through the Yocto Project documentation, there is mention of setting kernel types in the kernel-recipes folder. One of those kernel types is "preempt-rt". Is it as simple as setting this flag in the 3.14.52.1.1.0 kernel recipe in the meta-fsl-bsp-release layer or do I need to get all the RT patches, put them with the rest of the SCM patches, and recompile?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ali

RT is not supported in nxp official bsps,

one can post this to meta-fsl-arm mailing list, so that someone familiar with

it could try to assist you.

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ali

SCM patches can be found on

Quick Start Board for SCM-i.MX 6DQ|NXP

for RT patches one can look at

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2015-July/014611.html

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos