Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 8.3 new project link issue

Jump to solution
dipkamat
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using CW 8.3 IDE for DSP56F805 MCU.The project was previously compiled and built(almost 7yrs back) using code warrior 4.02 and SDK ver 2.4.I have the source folder(.c,.h and .mcp) along with compiler and linker settings(.xml files) and configflash folder (linker.cmd file).

I tried to open the projectusing 4.02 ide on win XP machine.But the IDE crashed after giving compatibility error.

So i migrated to CW8.3 IDE.This ide doesnt make use of separate SDk as it supports processor expert.

I created a new project and dragged the source files(.c and .h files).I deleted the old .mcp project file. i also replaced the linker.cmd file with the old linker file present in the project configFlash folder. Since the sode is dependent on SDK,i mentioned the sdk file paths in properties->access paths.

when i try to compile the sources it does not give error.

I then tried to build the project by clicking on make button.

This gave me link error in interrupt file vector.c file of SDK. the interrupt.asm files of SDK are not getting linked properly.

Is there any other way to link the .asm file?

please help me in this since i am new to this linker errors.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dip

Regarding to the CodeWarrior crash issue, do you have office 2007 installed? If yes, please right click on IDE.EXE (in window explorer), select Properties, then go to Compatibility tab. Uncheck "Run this program in compatibility mode for".

Where did you add the access path?

1) Open the CodeWarrior 8.3 and click Edit menu followed by selecting Preference item;

2) Click "Source Trees" under "General" panels on the left

3) In the Name edit box, enter: Embedded SDK Source

4) Click "Choose" button and select the path to the src subfolder of the SDK installation directory

5) Click "Add" button followed by clicking Apply button

If this does not work, please attach your CW8.3 project to help me reproduce the error, please remove your own application code.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dip

Regarding to the CodeWarrior crash issue, do you have office 2007 installed? If yes, please right click on IDE.EXE (in window explorer), select Properties, then go to Compatibility tab. Uncheck "Run this program in compatibility mode for".

Where did you add the access path?

1) Open the CodeWarrior 8.3 and click Edit menu followed by selecting Preference item;

2) Click "Source Trees" under "General" panels on the left

3) In the Name edit box, enter: Embedded SDK Source

4) Click "Choose" button and select the path to the src subfolder of the SDK installation directory

5) Click "Add" button followed by clicking Apply button

If this does not work, please attach your CW8.3 project to help me reproduce the error, please remove your own application code.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

0 Kudos