Capture screenshot in iMX53

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture screenshot in iMX53

deviswamy
Contributor I

I am trying to create an app that will capture a snapshot of the display in iMX53. In my display configuration - there are two image layers, fg buffered in /dev/fb2 and bg buffered in /dev/fb0, that are combined using IPU DP block. In my attempt to create this app - I have tried to read the raw image data directly from fb0 and fb2 and using python image library unify their color space formats and then combine the two frames. The problem with this method is there is no guarantee that the frame buffers  (fb2 and fb0) read  are synchronised. Is there a way to directly read back the combined image that is processing on the fly in DP instead of manually combining the frame buffers in the app? In the iMX53 reference manual, there is a brief mention about DC read channel (channel# 40) – can it be used to obtain what I am after and if so, how can do that?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Devi

please check app note below Chapter 3 IPU DP module combination

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/imx51_IPU_LIB_UG.pdf

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos