Micro MAC Transmit error & Set Transmit power

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro MAC Transmit error & Set Transmit power

pritipujara
Contributor I

1)  u32MMAC_GetTxErrors() often returns 16. What does it indicate?

2) What values of power to use for vMMAC_SetChannelAndPower(channel, power) API? What different values of power (in dBm) can be set using this API?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

mario_castaneda​  please continue with the follow up.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Priti,

The u32MMAC_GetTxErrors returns 0 indicating the errors, the return value is 32-bit bitmap, you should make a mask, and only for the bit that are you interested.

For the other questions, I am doing another research just give me more time

Best Regards

Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Priti,

1)  u32MMAC_GetTxErrors() often returns 16. What does it indicate?

This indicates that the MAC level acknowledgement has flagged that there is some additional indirect data for the device, in the device sending the ACK. What this means in practice is that for end devices polling for data from their parents, when they receive data there is still more data waiting which should be polled for. However the application layer code for End Devices in the JenNet-IP Application Notes (including the Template) will all continue to poll their parent for data until all the data has been received this code can be found in Common\Source\Node.c in the Node_bJipStackEvent() function in the E_STACK_POLL event handler.

1- What values of power to use for vMMAC_SetChannelAndPower(channel, power) API? What different values of power (in dBm) can be set using this API?

To set just the power level the vMiniMac_PLME_SetReq_Power() function should be used the parameter is the same format as for eAppApiPlmeSet() described in JN-UG-3024 IEEE 802.15.4 Stack User Guide available from 
IEEE 802.15.4|JN516x MCUs|NXP

But you will only need to do this to lower the power as the default is to use full power.
They may also need to configure for a high power module for this vMiniMac_SetHighPowerMode() can be used this uses the same parameters as vAppApiSetHighPowerMode() also described in JN-UG-3024.

Best Regards

Mario

pritipujara
Contributor I

Thanks Mario.

0 Kudos

pritipujara
Contributor I

Hello Mario,

We are using JN-5168.

Thanks

Priti