I am now start to use NXP 16-bit MCU MC9S12XEP100 for a new automotive project,
and it requires a CAN based bootloader to update FW.
I summarize some questions below after studying these days and hope can get some tips, thanks.
1. There are 3 things I need to do:
bootloader FW, PC-side UI, and also the .prm file of the application FW for address mapping?
2. In my application, 2k D-Flash is partitioned to as EEE. Does this will impact my design of bootloader setting?
3. The goal of update process in my application will be: With a .s19 file in hand(maybe from other software engineer), user or customer need to do is only execute the GUI, load s19 file and click the update button to upgrade FW of target board.
4. Which is more easy way for development to meet my requirement?
a. User can update FW anytime once MCU receives update command from CAN bus
b. Reserved some time( for example, 3 sec.) after power on reset to monitor CAN bus for FW update query
5. Besides AN4258.pdf, AN4258SW.zip, and bootloaderS12X.zip, do I miss other important documents or example files to start my design?