K20 VOUT33 pin can be used as 3.3V power supply?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K20 VOUT33 pin can be used as 3.3V power supply?

Jump to solution
li_v_wang
Contributor I

I want to do a compatibility design with K20P100M72SF1 and K22P121M100SF9. The K20 has an inner USB regulator, but K22 not. The pin G3 of K22 is USBVDD, and K20 is VOUT33. In my design, i donot need the USB Vbus to supply for the device. I'm not sure whether can I directly connect the pin G3 to the 3.3V for K20?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Li Wang,

Yes, I think so, as the VDD and pin G3 ( USBVDD or VOUT33 ) both are connected in the above figures.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
li_v_wang
Contributor I

OK, thanks.

Just because the datasheet does not mention about it. I want to confirm it.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Even had a brief look through the statement above, I'm afraid of not get the totally understand of your question.

So I was wondering if you can share the sch of your design and clarify the question again.

I'm looking forward to your reply
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
li_v_wang
Contributor I

K20P100M72SF1, it has an inner USB regulator.

1.png

K22P121M100SF9, it need an external regulator.

2.png

Can i design the schematic like K22 figure shown above? Then i can choose either K20 or K22.

3.png

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Li Wang,

Yes, I think so, as the VDD and pin G3 ( USBVDD or VOUT33 ) both are connected in the above figures.
Have a great day,
Ping

0 Kudos