AnsweredAssumed Answered

localhost:3333: The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive. Failed to execute MI command

Question asked by Sheldon Rubin on Jul 3, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 11, 2016 by Barry McNamara

This is my first time using the FRDM-K22F and the Kinetis Design Studio. I  followed the instructions in the online video for Get Started with FRDM-K22F Development Platform - How To located at:

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/hardware-development-tools/freedom-development-boards/freescale-freedom-development-platform-for-kinetis-k22-mcus:FRDM-K22F?tab=In-Depth_Tab

Following the instructions in the video, I installed the following applications in the order suggested in the video:

KSDK v1.3.0 Mainline release for Windows

Kinetis Design Studio 3.2.0

KSDK 1.3.0 Eclipse Update

Virtual COM Port Driver mbedWinSerial_16466

TeraTerm connected to mbed Serial Port (COM3) with the correct port settings (115200, 8N1, none)

I'm using a Windows 10 computer with a connected FRDM-K22F. The FRDM-K22F is brand new but apparently an older one that flashed the RGB LED at initial startup (no bubble level). I can see the FRDM-K22F in Windows Explorer as "MBED" and I can successfully follow the link "mbed.htm".

After installing the Eclipse Update, the Kinetis IDE restarted and the list of supported processors updated and I successfully compiled Kinetis SDK Platform Library for the K22F from:

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\kds\K22F51212

I then successfully imported and built the Hello World demo from:

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\examples\frdmk22f\demo_apps\hello_world\kds

When I try to download the Debug Configuration of hello_world_frdmk22f from GDB OpenOCD Debugging/hello_world_frdmk22f debug cmsis dap to the K22F flash, I get the following error message:

Error in final launch sequence

Failed to execute MI command:

-target-select remote localhost:3333

Error message from debugger back end:

localhost:3333: The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

Failed to execute MI command:

-target-select remote localhost:3333

Error message from debugger back end:

localhost:3333: The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

KDS never enters the debug mode. I tried using two different USB ports, two different USB cables and I tried resetting the K22F several times. I also tried restarting Kinetis Design Studio and I confirmed that -f kinetis.cfg is present.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem?

Update #1: I installed the software on a second computer that had a clean install of Windows 10 and only MS Office. I got the same error message.

I believe Tera Term is communicating with the K22F because every time I type a character the YLW LED next to the USB connector flashes.

Outcomes