Minimum time of i.MX6DQ load fluctuation.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum time of i.MX6DQ load fluctuation.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

Our customer have a question about i.MX6DQ load fluctuation.

They want to know the minimum time of load fluctuation.

For example, when load will be max suddenly, a very few delay is occurred to i.MX6DQ require max current.

They want to know the minimum time the delay to consider power supply circuit.

Would you let me know it?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. I'm not Yuri, I'm Artur, Yuri is sitting at the table next to mine :-)

2. You are right. As I said before, the decoupling capacitors are used to eliminate the momentary current peaks on the power rails.

Best Regards,

Artur

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The momentary load on a particular pocessor's power rail can vary in a single clock cycle of a module or part of SoC this power rail feeds. To eliminate the effect of momentary load variation, the external decoupling capacitors are used. To guarantee the normal operation of the processor, just follow the decoupling capacitors placement rules, given in the i.MX6 series Hardware Developmen Guide document, available on the NXP web site (check the "Users Guides" section):

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Also, check the schematics and PCB design files of the i.MX6 SABRE SD reference board, that are also available for download on the NXP web site (check the "Schematics" section):

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/hardware-development-tools/sabre-development-system/s...

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Dear  Yuri,

Thank you for your reply.

> The momentary load on a particular pocessor's power rail can vary in a single clock cycle of a module or part of SoC this power rail feeds.

So if GPU 2D load is up momentary, a single clock cycle of GPU2D_CORE_CLK_ROOT in the delay for example?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. I'm not Yuri, I'm Artur, Yuri is sitting at the table next to mine :-)

2. You are right. As I said before, the decoupling capacitors are used to eliminate the momentary current peaks on the power rails.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Dear Artur,

> I'm not Yuri, I'm Artur, Yuri is sitting at the table next to mine :-)

I'm very sorry, I mistook.

> 2. You are right. As I said before, the decoupling capacitors are used to eliminate the momentary current peaks on the power rails.

OK, I understood.

I will tell also about decoupling capacitors to our customers.

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

0 Kudos