cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcs Tree option in Preferences of CW 4.02

dipikakamat
Contributor I

Hi

I am using Code Warrior IDE 8.3 for MCU DSP56F805.

I created a project in which SDK 2.4 file are used(Port.h/arch.h).These files were installed in C drive of my computer.My project is in D drive.

I want to link a file(header file) present in This folder(not present in the workspace folder but included in the sources(C files)) to the sources in workspace.

I came across the source tree option in Edit->Preferences->general->source tree.

However,when i give the full path of the folder in which the file to be included resides,it still gives me the linking error(file is not getting linked). That is i get an error saying "file is missing"

Can you guide me how to link these files using the source tree option?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dipika

Thanks a lot for contacting us.

In your CW8.3 project, please add the access path in for your SDK source code as below:

1) Open the CodeWarrior 8.3 and click Edit menu followed by selecting Preference item;

2) Click "Source Trees" under "General" panels on the left

3) In the Name edit box, enter: Embedded SDK Source

4) Click "Choose" button and select the path to the src subfolder of the SDK installation directory

5) Click "Add" button followed by clicking Apply button

6) Load your old SDK project and rebuild it.

If this does not work, please open Target Settings by ‘Alt’ + ‘F7’ key, and select ‘Target-> Access Paths’, on ‘Access Paths’, press ‘Add…’ button to add the path for your SDK head files.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos