cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core address

vladstoica
Contributor III

Hello,

I want to find the starting address of the Z4a core. I tried with MC_ME_CADDR[1] register, but it shows for every starting address of the core 0 (0x1400000 or 0x1200000) the same value, 00404100. For the core 1 and core 2, MC_ME_CADDR[2] and MC_ME_CADDR[3] shows the correct address of the cores. How can I find the adress for core 0, is there another register in which the address is stored?

Thanks,

Vlad

Labels (1)
5 Replies

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vlad,

The value, you see in the CADDR register is "correct". CADDR register in MPC5748G is set by BAF, but when you flash the code, debugger place you directly at the entry point, so BAF is not executed.

Because S32DS does not have target reset function, you are not able to execute BAF and you see default value in CADDR.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

vladstoica
Contributor III

Hello,

Thanks.

But there is another way to get the address of core 0 (by address, I mean address defined in BAF, 0x01400000)? From another register maybe?

Vlad

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vlad,

before first reset, this value is not saved in any register, but you can read it from address 0x00FA0010 in flash memory.

pastedImage_0.png

And of course, you can find it in linker file and map file, but I suspect you want to work with the address in your code, so this information is not relevant for you.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

vladstoica
Contributor III

Ok, thanks.

vladstoica
Contributor III

I want the address because I need on a flash update to decide in which sector I will write , 0x140000 or 0x120000.

0 Kudos