Why do I get Exception vector name: Address Error?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get Exception vector name: Address Error?

monikak
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using MQX 3.8 with an MCF52259 and CodeWarrior 7.2. I have been running into an address error exception. When I try to use the debugger and step through the code I can go up to find_nonempty_queue routine in dispatch.s. It seems to get stuck in a loop here. So I use a breakpoint just outside this in no_one_to_run. I am able to continue stepping over until the following lines:

#if PSP_STOP_ON_IDLE

stop           #0x2000

#else

move.w      #0x2000, sr

#endif

PSP_STOP_ON_IDLE is defined as 1 but attempting to execute the stop instruction gives the earlier mentioned error notification from CW. Just before executing the stop, the stack window looks like the attached picture. After getting the error the stack window in the debugger just shows DummyFn1 multiple times (From looking at the assembly code I believe DummyFn1 is the name for _sched_start_internal?)

Could someone explain the meaning of this piece of code and why it's causing this error?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello

Are you using a custom board?? I want to isolate the issue, could you please try using the mqx hello example? This is located at the path: C:\Program Files\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.8\mqx\examples\hello\cw10\hello_twrmcf52259 

Please try to compile and debug this example. Make sure you are using the internal flash target in the CodeWarrior.

Please add a break point in the line printf("Hello World\n"); from the hello.c file once the project is open.  Let me know your results.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos