GPCM addressing on the eLBC bus?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPCM addressing on the eLBC bus?

stevensnyder
Contributor II

I am attempting to talk to an FPGA via GPCM on the P1013's local bus.  The FPGA is a 16-bit device with 24-bit addressing.  What I see on the logic analyzer is that the FPGA receives the data intact, but with the addressing mangled.

I've configured BR1 / ORg1 for a base address of 0xEFF00000 and a size of 64KB, and enabled LAWBAR/LAWAR for those values.  The FPGA is expecting data at a base address (from it's perspective) of 0x5800.

So if I do

volatile unsigned short *ptr = (volatile unsigned short *)(0xEFF00000 + 0x5800);

*ptr = 0xAAAA;

What address will actually be put on the local bus?  Only address lines 0..23 are connected, so is the high byte just discarded?  If so, that would be an effective address 0x00F05800.  Is it the offset from the BR1 base address that is put on the bus?  If so, that would give me the effective address of 0x5800 that I want but am not seeing.

So... how do I arrange the addressing on the 32-bit P1013 such that the 24-bit addressed FPGA will see only the low 16-bits?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please note that LSb address of the P1013 eLBC GPCM is A31.

Refer to the P1022 QorIQ Integrated Processor Reference Manual, 13.5.1.1 Multiplexed address/data bus for 32-bit addressing.

To obtain additional information it is needed to check the processor connection schematics.

Please consider creating a Technical Case to provide the schematics for inspection (refer to the following link):

How I could create a Service Request? | NXP Community

0 Kudos