cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High SIRQ rate for Sending Image frame through Ehternet Interface in i.MX6 Solo

shabeerbadarudh
Contributor IV

Hi All,

In our custom project we have send an image frame (approximate .675Mb )through Ethernet interface. Our test procedure is, from a PC send the image frames continuously (devide the image frame into small packets ) through the Ethernet interface and in the imx6 side received the packets and create the frames. But when run the application we have found that some of other modules missed data (Example : VPU frame missing error) , then we run the top command , the 'sirq' filed is shown a very high value around 72%.

Based on some links we have disable SMP (Symmetric Multi Processing ) support in kernel config which reduces the sirq rate to 64%.

Is this sirq rate acceptable? or how can we reduce the sirq rate. Top command result is also attached.

Test setup:

processor: i.MX6 Solo

OS    : Free scale Linux 3.10.17

Memory : 512 Mb

Ethernet: MII interface

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shabeer

further reduce the sirq rate one can using kernel boot parameter

enable_wait_mode=off or completely disable low power modes, please check

Chapter 22 Low-level Power Management (PM) Driver attached Linux Manual.

Sirq rate acceptability should be based on used appllication needs.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shabeerbadarudh
Contributor IV

Hi igor,

Thanks for  the response, we will check the steps you mentioned above.

0 Kudos