cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC 811 image build using LPCExpresso Image size 178KB

Jump to solution
ravikumarkadiya
Contributor I

we are usign LPC811 in one of our product, we lost our existing build setup and trying to build the LPC project. dowloaded LPCExpresso and tried to build the project iam able to build but the image size is huge at 178KB, our actual images are supposed to be 6 to 7KB not sure why this is happening

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
thefallguy
Contributor IV

How are you measuring the size? If you are looking at the file size, that has nothing to do do with the flash size. Suggest you read this faq

Application Flash / RAM size

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
thefallguy
Contributor IV

How are you measuring the size? If you are looking at the file size, that has nothing to do do with the flash size. Suggest you read this faq

Application Flash / RAM size

0 Kudos
ravikumarkadiya
Contributor I

got it Thank you

it worked. Actually its generating axf file which is huge , and now I generated .bin and its below 7KB.

Thanks for the suppor

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

That's unfortunate. I'd recommend you build an LPC811 wizard project to get a starting point for your build settings. It's possible you're building with no optimization, or the linker is not eliminating dead (unused) code from your image. This is the --gc-sections option in C/C++ Build -> Settings -> MCU Linker -> Miscellaneous.

Thanks and regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos
ravikumarkadiya
Contributor I

we tried optimization as well with optimization it comes down to 75KB

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos