Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not bind dongle and license

Jump to solution
bordeaulaurent
Contributor I

Hi~ engineer,

I have  purchased a dongle and ready to bind license. In the Product List, I choosed the license 6.3 CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers - Standard Edition to install (Is my choice correct? My computer is xin7_32bit). picture1

154309_154309.jpg1.jpg

After I had installed license, I generated the license. picture2

154308_154308.jpg2.jpg

After I put in USB dongle and get the FLEX ID, Fill in the information on the page and generate license. picture3

154313_154313.jpg3.jpg

I click the 'Save All', and get license.dat file  picture4

154314_154314.jpg4.jpg

I put license.dat file to local disk, but can not open codewarrior picture5

154315_154315.jpg5.jpg

How can I do that? 

Thank you for help me

Best regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

CodeWarrior for s08 v6.3 was released a while ago, some users have been experiencing issues using dongle on classic edtion. I will suggest to use Disk Serial as host instead of dongle for classic edition version that are no longer supported on win 7

-5 error means the license file is not being found. my suggestion is to use your disk serial license and test.

attaching a temp license file in case this also fails, if after this test you are still seeing this error create a case on support page , hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

CodeWarrior for s08 v6.3 was released a while ago, some users have been experiencing issues using dongle on classic edtion. I will suggest to use Disk Serial as host instead of dongle for classic edition version that are no longer supported on win 7

-5 error means the license file is not being found. my suggestion is to use your disk serial license and test.

attaching a temp license file in case this also fails, if after this test you are still seeing this error create a case on support page , hope this helps.

0 Kudos