Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6DL 4GB DDR3

romanstorozhenk
Contributor I

Hello!

A am engineer from Ukraine.

A have a task: created board with IMX6 Dual Lite, 4 Gbyte DDR3.

In "Document Number: IMX6SDLRM Rev. 2, 04/2015" page 3911 write:

"If the DDR memory space allocation is 4 Gbytes, only one configuration of chip select

partition is allowed.

The register MDASP[CS0_END] should be set to 011_1111 (partition at 2 Gbytes).

The figure below shows the associated memory space. In the case of DDR3 x64, this

address space can be acheived by connecting four devices per chip select. Each device is

x16 with density of 4 Gbytes."

"Each device is x16 with density of 4 Gbytes"  or Each device is x16 with density of 4 Gbits ?

If I get you right, i can not create 4 Gbyte space from 4 chip of each chip 8Gbit ?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

larsweyrauch
Contributor II

Hello,

sure, the Dual Lite is supporting an adressable range of  4GB, and you can reach it in two ways:

a) using 4 devices DDR3L 8Gbit x16 monolithic from either Micron (MT41K512M16...) or from Intelligent memory (IM8G16D3F...)

b) using 2 devices LPDDR2 16Gbit x32 with two CS like Micron/Elpida

depending on the Flash device you are using (raw NAND or eMMC) there could be also a eMCP or normal MCP an additional solution. Hope, that helps you.

have a nice weekend, Lars

ttustudent
Contributor I

Hello Lars,

We are using 4 devices DDR3L MT41K512M16HA; It is possible to address all 4GB of DDR3L memory using only one CS(We are only using CS0). Is this right?

Thank you very much!

Kyle

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes. It is misprint. Here should be noted 8Gbit.

Have a great day,

Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ttustudent
Contributor I

Hello Lars,

We are using 4 devices DDR3L MT41K512M16HA; It is possible to address all 4GB of DDR3L memory using only one CS(We are only using CS0). Is this right?

Thank you very much!

Kyle

0 Kudos