cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW interface between K70 and LPDDR - WINBOND W949D6KB

zilinskyf
Contributor I

Hello guys,

I am making new schematic design which is  related with K70 and LPDDR - WINBOND W949D6KB. I need to know how to do hardware interface. Is there needed populated pull-up at BA0, BA1, CS, WE, RAS, CAS, CKE or any termination resistor for right functionality?

I found only some tips on this page file is below my text.

Do you have any another tipy a tricks for right design?

I check reverence schematic for K70 evaluation board (tower) and there is used DDR2 - Micron MT47H64M16. I need to know small diference between connection DDR2- Micron MT47H64M16 and LPDDR - WINBOND W949D6KB.

Best regards

Filip

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I am sorry but we don't have LPDDR(mobile DDR) memory device connects with K70 example board, while ColdFire product has M54451EVB board has LPDDR device, which in hardware connects with ColdFire chip directly. More detailed info, please check M54451EVB schematics from here.

The connections for LPDDR are pretty simple though. We do recommend series termination resistors for LPDDR. Ideally the customer would do a PCB simulation using the IBIS models, the IBIS mode for their memory, and trace information extracted from their board file to find the optimum series termination resistor value for the board, but many customers just use 22 ohm resistors.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos