K64 Max current on USB VREG VOUT33

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K64 Max current on USB VREG VOUT33

ashoknarayanan
Contributor I

I plan to use the Vreg to power the K64 and few peripherals (approx 85mA). The 5V input  to Vreg in is always available (separate from USB )

Questions on USB VREG:

1. Datasheet for MK64FN1M0VMD12 Max load current for VOUT33 to be 120mA. Please clarify if this 120mA is additional to the internal consumption of the chip (Max 42 mA as per datasheet).

2. Does the  USB VREG turn on automatically? I plan to use it to power the K64 MCU

Thanks

Ashok

1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

1. The Max. USB VREG load current is 120mA, which is the Max. load capability for internal USB power regulator. About the K64 chip power consumption could consider to use Max. 42mA data to calculate the USB VREG drive capability.

2. Yes, the USB VREG turn on automatically with VREG_IN 5V input. The VOUT33 could be K64 MCU power source.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------