I am new to i.MX6 and currently I am reading i.MX6 datasheet (iMX6DQPRM.pdf) and I have a question regarding IPU display interface (DI). In chapter 22.214.171.124.2.2 Display Interface, it mentioned:
The interface includes the following additional features:
• Screen size: up to 4096 x 2048 pixels, programmable by software.
• Scan Order: progressive or interlaced
• Programmable horizontal and vertical synchronization output signals (for
• Data enabling output signal
• Software contrast control using 8-bit programmable pulse-width modulation (PWM)
Two dedicated PWM outputs are provided
The video data in memory is progressive 30 fps 24 bits RGB data in memory. However I would like to output interlaced video signal via a TV encoder. Therefore I would like to output interlaced RGB data to display interface. Can I use scan order of interlaced to do this?
Also, each IPU has two display interface. Can I use scan order interlaced to one display interface and progressive to another display interface?
Many thanks in advance.