AnsweredAssumed Answered

Anyone facing difficulties in Crosscompiling ICU library

Question asked by chandra sekhar on Jun 22, 2016

Here is the solution

1. Download the source from ICU website

2. untar the source to say /linux/icu/

3. First make a copy of the source cp -rfd /linux/icu/source /linux/icu/pre_build

4. Now go to cd /linux/icu/pre_build/source do ./configure and make

5. Compile for the current OS

6. Now go to cd /linux/icu/source

7. ./configure --prefix=/home/linux/ICU/icu/source/OUT --enable-tests=no --enable-samples=no --with-cross-build=/linux/icu/pre_build/source --build=i686-linux --host=i686-pokysdk-linux --target=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi --prefix=/opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr --exec_prefix=/opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr --bindir=/opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi --sbindir=/opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi --libexecdir=/opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/libexec/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi --datadir=/opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/share --sysconfdir=/opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/etc --sharedstatedir=/opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/com --localstatedir=/opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/var --libdir=/opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/lib/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi --includedir=/opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/include --oldincludedir=/opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/Usr/include --infodir=/opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/share/info --mandir=/opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/share/man

8. make

Now your ICU is cross compiled.

Outcomes