cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Controller stepping "PPC5748GMMN6A 1N81M" for  MPC5748GEVB not working

paramasivans
Contributor I

Hi,

I have got some new Evaluation Boards for the MPC5748EVB and then I have tried to flash the program

The motherboard is of a new revision (rev D). The error was something like this: “can’t enter Background mode”

Than I have used the old mother board (rev C) with the new Controller. Now it was possible to flash but the program is not running.

The LED D1 MCU is flashed. I think the CPU is hanging.

The controller is of new stepping.

Old (working) CPU:                   PPC5748GSMMN6A 0N65H

New (not working) CPU:            PPC5748GMMN6A 1N81M

Could you give suggestion to solve the issue.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
2 Replies

alexvinchev
Contributor V

As petervlna​ kindly mentioned already, there are HUGE differences between different device masks. The memory register mapping is totally messed up from 0N65H to 1N81M. You will need different header file to compile working code. For example for 0N65H I'm using header file with revision 2.1.12 (this was the latest I had), for 1N81M you should use 3.0.00 or 4.0.01. Revision 5.0.00 I've tried wasn't even compile, because of some naming conflicts inside. You can take these useful header files from the AN4830 examples. There are few topics regarding header files, you might find them using the search option...

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

First of all make sure you micro is correctly placed in socket.

The difference between those 2 cuts 0N65H and 1N81M is huge.

Code which runs on cut1 won't run on cut2.

You need to disable/service the SWT during startup. The SWT timeout is by default 20ms for Cut2 (for Cut1 it is 2s).

The reset escalation is also enabled to 15 resets and then micro stay in permanent reset until power on reset.

So if you do not service SWT until 20ms then micro stay in permanent reset.

I have tried to connect to Rev D board with 1N81M with no issue.

If you have Lauterbach debugger try to use feature : "halt core on power on reset". This will prevent any code execution before debugger attach.

Is it possible to attach debugger on rev D with cut2 without loading the code? Just attach.

Peter