NFC I2C Explorer Kit. Firmware flashing issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC I2C Explorer Kit. Firmware flashing issues

dohfr
Contributor I

Hello Everyone! After getting the NTAG I2C Explorer Kit I have to face an error while flashing the firmware using the associated Demo App. Everytime i start flashing i get the notification "Error during memory flash". Also the LED does not lit and the LCD display does not show the NDEF messages no matter what i try. I have read the documentation and the manual but neither of them helped me. So I wanted to ask if anyone of you had to face something similar or does know how to fix this issue. Thank you for your Answers!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Do Hfr:

For a successful flashing procedure you need to keep the right most button of the Explorer board pressed. Please see the image below:

pastedImage_0.png

Then you should not receive the error notification.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.

Best Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dohfr
Contributor I

@Jorge_Gonzalez Hello Jorge,

thanks for your answer, it really helped me out alot :smileyhappy:. For the test of the NTAG I2C Application, as i explained further in my Question below, I used the Samsung Galaxy S5 mini which didnt work out very well. So I tried it with my Samsung Galaxy S5 and it worked!. As far as I know the S5 mini uses the S3FWRN5 and the S5 uses the NXP 47803 NFC Controller. So is this just concidence, or is it caused by the different controller specifications or/and manufacturers? It might seem possible to me that the controller used in the S5 mini only offers low voltage to flow through the antenna so that there isn't enough power to flash or use the LED. Could this be a reason? Looking forward to your answer.

Best Regards, Dominik

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dominik:

Sorry for the delayed response.

About your issue, it's hard to determine the specific reason for a particular mobile phone not working. It could be the output power, the commands supported by the integrated NFC IC or the compatibility of the NFC Android driver/stack with the commands of NTAG I2C plus. However most of the commands for NTAG I2C plus are NFC Forum compliant to extend compatibility with as many NFC readers as possible.

/Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos