cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS 3 + KSDK 2.0 + SEGGER EDU

Ryssus
Contributor II

Hi,

Recently I started some playing with KSDK2.0, it is my first attempt to use KSDK at all. I have some FRDM KL25Z board, so I've requested sdk build, installed and started some examples.
For now I tried hello_world and led blinking example, everyting worked fine. Problem started when I wanted to have my own project using file->New sdk 2.x project and so one.
Basically I copied full sources from hello_world example, compiled (was fine) and when I wanted to start debug, I get a message:

Error in final launch sequence

Failed to execute MI command:

-exec-run

Error message from debugger back end:

Don't know how to run.  Try "help target".

Don't know how to run.  Try "help target".

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

andrewfitzsimon
Contributor II

Did this question really get closed? It's unclear to me what the solution is.

I am having this problem as well.

0 Kudos

Ryssus
Contributor II

Anyway, still the thing is: What is the difference between example projects and project created by sdk 2.x which causes my debugger to work with first one and not working with second one. I am using linux, I've checked file permissions, segger configuration, paths configured in KDS and still I can debug only example projects. Or maybe I should ask what is the difference betwenn OS that we are using? Do you have any idea which could help me solve this issue? Any help at all would be appreciated.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm using Windows 10 64bit in case this is relevant.

0 Kudos

Ryssus
Contributor II

As you wish :smileyhappy:. Thank you for fast response. BlackNight
Please see attached project.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ryszard,

I see that you have configured your project to build

Debug\sdktest_bkp.elf

But in your debug configuration you have specifed to debug

Debug/sdktest.elf

However, your launch configurations refer a different project and different binaries:

pastedImage_0.png

Once I had this corrected, it worked without issues.

Erich

0 Kudos

Ryssus
Contributor II

Thank you, but this is not an issue. I send you a copy of my project with changed name. After changing to proper names of .elf file I get same error as previously described.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It was the issue for me. After changing the project name and the name of the .elf file in the launch configuration I was able to debug the project (I tried the debug build configuration) on the FRDM-KL25Z.

Erich

0 Kudos

Ryssus
Contributor II

Ok, I'll try this in the evening, but I don't understand how can you tell me that I have hardware problem if the board works fine with provided examples. Nevertheless, I'll try SDK v1.x project later.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I did not realize that it works with provided examples. So this confirms it is not a hardware problem. I suspect there is a problem in your debug configuration/settings. If you could share here your project (zipped), that would be helpful.

Erich

0 Kudos

Ryssus
Contributor II

Hi, I've tried with sdk 1.x - and the same thing happened.

Still I am not able to start debug session. How Can I share my project?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ryszard,

zip your project. With the 'Use advanced editor' in reply to this thread you can attach  files.

Erich

0 Kudos

Ryssus
Contributor II

Thank you for your response.

I went through the instruction you pointed out earlier. I use MKL25Z128 with kinetis frdm board. Segger is connected through connector on board (needed additional soldering). Everything seems to be working ok, except debugging. Do you need precise step-by-step information on project setup?
I think that it is odd when all the examples work fine, but project wizard causes some discrepancies. Still, if you need I would show you all my steps.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I recommend that you create a simple and small project to verify your debug connection is ok.

File > New > SDK v1.x, then use 'none' for SDK and try that project.

That way you can verify if things are configured properly on your side.

If that fails, I think you could have a connection/hardware problem (bad soldering, wrong cable orientation, etc) or damaged board.

Erich

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

About create KSDK v2.0 project , please refer to this thread :

Using Kinetis Design Studio v3.x with Kinetis SDK v2.0

If still have error, please show me your steps , and tell me which chip or board, i will

check it on my side.

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos