Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSS(Touch Sensing Software) library migration

Jump to solution
kigerzhang
Contributor III

Dear Expert,

Now a cold storage control project  used the S12ZVC  MCU .  It is also required the touch sensing UI .

I want to know   is there possible  to migrate the TSS library  to S12ZVC ?

If it can't be migrated,   please recommend a   industrial or automotive grade MCU. The MCU must has CAN and  ADC (best  if the ADC  there is  program gain control).

Best Regards,

Kiger

1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Kiger,

The TSS is no longer recommended for new designs and there are no plans to add support for S12ZVC devices. There is a new software library – the NXP Touch Software supporting most of the Kinetis MCUs. The Kinetis E series might be a good choice, but the TSI module is available only on the KE1xZ which does not have the CAN module. So I would recommend considering our standalone touch/promixity sensors which can be connected to the S12ZVC through the I2C.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct". Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Kiger,

The TSS is no longer recommended for new designs and there are no plans to add support for S12ZVC devices. There is a new software library – the NXP Touch Software supporting most of the Kinetis MCUs. The Kinetis E series might be a good choice, but the TSI module is available only on the KE1xZ which does not have the CAN module. So I would recommend considering our standalone touch/promixity sensors which can be connected to the S12ZVC through the I2C.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct". Thank you.

kigerzhang
Contributor III

Dear Tomas,

Thank you so much for your help!

0 Kudos