cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about running the ipc demo in 9131

symsong
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm woring with bsc9131rdb,now I want to know how to run my ipc demo to show the e500 and sc3850 cores can send messages to each other,now I have 913x_WUSDK_REL_1.3 in my PC,and how to use the ipc demo in the file?is there any step by step guide?

ps:the wusdk is 1.3 and my board's u-boot is wusdk 1.5,does it matters?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sym song,

You could cross compile the required package on your local machine and use tftp to download the executable file to the target board.

For IPC execution, please refer to the following procedure for wusdk 1.5.

1. Please set the following bootargs.

default_hugepagesz=256m hugepagesz=256m hugepages=1 max_num_ipc_channels=64 max_channel_depth=16

2. Please insert modules.

# insmod fsl_psc913x_hetmgr.ko

# insmod fsl_psc913x_ipc.ko

3. Boot up the system executing

# mknod /dev/fsl_shm c 251 0

# mknod /dev/het_ipc c 252 0

# mknod /dev/het_mgr c 253 0

4. Execute the following command to use dsp_bt to load image from PowerPC to DSP side.

# ./dsp_bt <dsp_image>

5. Start IPC

# ./ipc_test

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

michelle
NXP Pro Support
NXP Pro Support

Hi

If you have the WUSDK 1.3, check in the docs directory for IPC_README.txt and DSPBOOT_README.txt.  The first of these files should provide step by step guidance on compilation, boot args, channel configuration and test application usage.  The second will help you out when you want to use something besides the test applications :smileyhappy:.

Have fun!

0 Kudos

symsong
Contributor II

Hi,

I read the IPC_README.txt and I'v got the question that the steps are done in my PC's linux or derectly in 9131 board's linux?And I find that it doesn't install "make" in my board's linux.how can I install it since there is no apt-get or yum or something like that.

0 Kudos