Processor Expert Tools with LPC800

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert Tools with LPC800

amadeumarques
Contributor I

Hi, I would like to use a Processor Expert Software with the LPC800 controller, anybody knows how can I use this tool in my application?

Because, I prefer to use LPC800 controller, and I saw that in LPCXpresso didn't have the Processor Expert Tools as in the Kinetis Development Studio. Please, how can I configure my processor LPC800 as a Kinetis? Have any macro or smart tool that I could use?

Thank You! Best Regards!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Providing support code through configuration tools like processor expert or through libraries like LPCOpen are just two different approaches each with their own pros and cons.

LPCXpresso IDE incorporates project wizards that can link against LPCOpen libaries. It is supplied with documentation to explain how it can be used.

LPCOpen includes many examples that demonstrate features of the MCU. If you wish to use LPC then I can only recommend that you study these along with the MCU documentation to better understand what is required to use a particular feature.

Yours,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This is the LPCXpresso IDE forum!

LPCXpresso IDE is designed specifically for LPC Microcontrollers. It has inbuilt knowledge of LPC MCUs, their memory layout, flash devices, peripherals, debug capabilities etc. Through comprehensive wizards and included LPCOpen libraries and examples, first connection to debug can take moments.

The pertinent question is, why do you believe you need Processor Expert, especially considering it has no expertise in the LPC800?

Yours,

LPCXpresso-Support

0 Kudos

amadeumarques
Contributor I

Actually, I would like to understand how could I start a new Project, and I prefer to work with LPC800 as the PN: LPC824M201JDH20J, and I would like to learn how can I build a new Project, but I don't know how I can include a new I/O.

I asked to you, because I downloaded the Kinetis Development Studio and LPCXpresso, I compared the plataforms, and I think that KDS has a Smart Tool for configure I/O, Clocks, A/Ds and many others drivers, but I don't want to work with Kinetis, I prefer to work with LPC. When I started the LPCXpresso Development and I had a difficult to insert this drivers (I/O, A/Ds, Interrupts, Clocks...), in LPCXpresso has a semelhant tool to configure my controller driver as a Processor Expert in Kinetis? Or I need to define my includes alone?

Thank you!

Amadeu Marques

Electronics Development

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
bump
0 Kudos