Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel choice

Jump to solution
angelo_d
Senior Contributor I

Hi all,

for imx6q-plus have to decide if to use 3.14.52 or 4.1.15.

We actually uses 2 screens, with a 2D app in one + a 3D app in the second.

I am not sure if is more mature the (34.1.14) p8.4 vivante driver compared to p7.4 (3.14.52).

And, it there is any other reason to prefer one or the other.

Many thanks

angelo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Angelo

please refer to attached L4.1.15 Release Notes Table 9 New features

describing new features and bug fixes for the graphics provided in this release,

compared with L3.14.52 previous version.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Angelo

please refer to attached L4.1.15 Release Notes Table 9 New features

describing new features and bug fixes for the graphics provided in this release,

compared with L3.14.52 previous version.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

angelo_d
Senior Contributor I

Hi Igor, many thanks !

I have kernel 4.1.15 running, once added vivante gpu libraries (5.1.1 p8.3)  3D and 2D demos works fine.

0 Kudos