AnsweredAssumed Answered

KDS Debug config not detecting PEMicro Multilink

Question asked by Thanh Truong on Jun 16, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 17, 2016 by Thanh Truong

Hello guys, I am currently running KDS 2.0 on Fedora and I am trying to debug our application.  However the debugger does not appear to be detecting the PEMicro multilink. I've installed the "driver" that is on PEMicro website.  After selecting the PEMicro interface and hitting "refresh" a list of connected multilink should have been populated.  I've confirm under dmesg that it is indeed connected.  It shows up under lsusb.  I've installed the driver. 

Does anybody have a check list of things to check?  I am new to KDS and the contractor that was working on this project only had it setup on a windows box.

Here's the message I get when I try to debug without a port selected:

P&E GDB Server, Version 5.13.02.00

Copyright 2014, P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc, All rights reserved

Loading library /opt/Freescale/KDS_2.0.0/eclipse/plugins/com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_1.1.7.201410171532/lin/gdi/unit_ngs_arm_internal.so ... Done.

Command line arguments: -device=KE04Z128M4 -startserver -singlesession -serverport=7224 -interface=USBMULTILINK -speed=5000 -port= -USE_CYCLONEPRO_RELAYS=0 -FORCE_MASS_ERASE=0 

Device selected is ke04z128m4

PE-ERROR: Unable to auto-detect debug hardware. Please specify on the command-line. Halting.

Outcomes