cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMIC Sequencer delay in TBB mode

sparkyee
Contributor I

Hi,

I am testing a new TBB sequence using your KITPF0100EPEVBE hardware with GUI version.

All my voltages sequence properly when I do a reset PMIC. The issue I am having is being able

to change the sequencer clock delay to 1 or 2 milliseconds. Every time I change it in the TBB mode

it reverts back to 0.5 milliseconds? This behavior is fine for testing but I want to be sure I get the

desired delay ( 1 or 2 mS) when I actually switch to burning real parts OTP wise.

Thanks!

Larry

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Larry,

It is possible that there is a problem with the interface of the GUI, I will confirm this with the developers of the tool, but meanwhile, I recommend you to do your sequencer changes manually using the “Direct I2C Communication” section of the GUI to ensure the desired sequencer configuration. I tested this and it work as expected (You can find an image below with my test results).

Below you can find the configuration needed for the different Sequencer settings:

Set Sequencer to 0.5ms

I2C write:

Enter to Page 1: 0x7F – 0x01

Config sequencer to 0.5ms: 0xE0 – 0x04

I2C read:

Just to confirm, you can read Read 0xE0 Sequencer register and it should be 0.5ms (0x04)

Set Sequencer to 1.0ms

I2C write:

Config sequencer to 1.0ms: 0xE0 – 0x05

I2C read:

Just to confirm, you can read Read 0xE0 Sequencer register and it should be 1.0ms (0x05)

Set Sequencer to 2.0ms

I2C write:

Config sequencer to 2.0ms: 0xE0 – 0x06

I2C read:

Just to confirm, you can read Read 0xE0 Sequencer register and it should be 2.0ms (0x06)

Set Sequencer to 4.0ms

I2C write:

Config sequencer to 4.0ms: 0xE0 – 0x07

I2C read:

Just to confirm, you can read Read 0xE0 Sequencer register and it should be 4.0ms (0x07)

pastedImage_0.png

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Larry,

I confirmed with the developers and yes, there is a problem with the GUI, it will be corrected in the next release of the GUI.

Meanwhile, you can use a script (attached) that the developer wrote, you can use this while you are in TBB to change and read the OTP Sequencer Clock.

Save this script in your PC and load it load it from the "Script Editor" tab of the GUI:

script.png

Have a great day,
Jose

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos