cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI PEx component not supported by KL27Z

joe_dimaggio
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying to create a datalogger application using a custom layout based on the Kinetis MKL27Z256VFT4 and the FAT file system PEx component.

After selecting SD card and the other components, the SPI PEx component isn't supported with this processor, where is the problem ???

My setup:

KDS 3.2.0

KSDK 1.3.0

Processor Expert Components (03.04.2016)

Windows 7 (32 bit)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Gianluca,

Could you please take a screenshot about why do you think it doesn't support the SPI.

On my side,  i create one project, then can add the SPI component :

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

joe_dimaggio
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

sorry for the late reply, I worked on another project last days.

As you can see several processor experts components don't work with this processor: SPI, Timer, SD-Card...

The main component I need is FAT_FileSystem (with SD_Card), but this is not included in the KSDK 1.3.0.

KL27_PEx_error_1.jpg

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Gianluca,

If your project is KSDK project,  you can not use the PE component without KSDK,

only can use the KSDK PE component :

pastedImage_0.png

there is the SD card component :

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

joe_dimaggio
Contributor II

not really, because I need a FAT component as I'm a newbie.

But Erich Styger wrote an interesting article about how to merge KSDK 2.0 and processor expert:

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/05/15/mother-of-components-processor-expert-with-nxp-kinetis-sdk-v2-0-...

thanks anyway!

0 Kudos