cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIT Problems

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by deBoogle on Tue Feb 15 01:07:39 MST 2011
Hi All,
Firstly, I was going to mention the RIT in peripherals view but Skysat has got there first.

Secondly,

I must be missing something really obvious, but every time I try to write something to the RIT registers I generate a hard-fault, and end up in the hard-fault handler.

I should point out that I have an LPCXpresso board with an LPC1769 on board.  Not that I think this will make much difference as it should follow the format for other LPC17xx devices.

I have forward declared the handler, and the code for this at the same time.

Then when I debug and step through, the first instruction to do anything with the RIT registers jumps me to the Hard Fault handler.

Any of you got any ideas? Thanks guys.
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by deBoogle on Tue Feb 15 04:48:34 MST 2011
I Could have sworn that the the user manual said that it was powered up after reset. That will probably be the problem as I have put no code in to power it up.

I have to say that I did think it strange when I read (or misread) that it was powered up by default as I thought that this would be excessive power drain, and that the default int handler would cause an infinte loop.

I'll try it out.

I feel a little humbled now.

Thanks for the quick response. Great Support.

deBoogle
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Tue Feb 15 01:47:06 MST 2011
By default the RIT is disabled. Have you set the PCRIT bit in the PCONP register to turn it on?

If that isn't the problem, I suggest that you actually post a code snippet. You might also want to check this thread out and confirm that you are using the "right addresses" for the RIT registers...

http://knowledgebase.nxp.com/showthread.php?t=313

Regards
CodeRedSupport.
0 Kudos