Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by caprock on Mon Feb 14 17:55:23 MST 2011
xpresso_3.6, LPC_Link, Win7, LPC1343 on EA-Baseboard Rev A, Acer Laptop
xpresso_3.6, LPC_Link, WinXP/SP3, LPC1343 on EA-Baseboard Rev A, Dell B110
USB/LPC_Link connected from 1343 to PC
USB/Console connected from USBX3 t PC; TeraTerm console

:confused:
Hello,
I am restarting with xpresso after several months, and have upgraded the Code Red installations from 3.2 and 3.3 to 3.6 as indicated. This version seems to operate a bit different from what I recalled - but then again, it's been almost a year..

[B]On WinXP System (original install)[/B]
A debug session can be started successfully, but the Termination process seems to always fail to disconnect the LPC_Link, so the next debug launch fails with:
"Connected to emulator or board: NXP LXP 1300"
"2 emulators/boards found (1 connected)"

"Device is connected already Other VIDPID=00000000(Connected)"
"LPC-Link Probe v1.0 (id=T1S6RGRIA) [-wire=winUSB]"

The board seems to work again after a complete power cycle [B]and[/B] the disconnect of the TeraTerm (if left connected, we fail at 57% and Task manager shows hanging on the TeraTerm). If we do both Disconnect TeraTerm and the  power cycle it mostly does the link load; re-connect TeraTerm; then Resume (F8).   

btw: per post of 1/28/2011, I updated the ftd2xx.dll to the newer 7/9/2010 - this system only.

[B]On Win7 System[/B]
A debug session can be started successfully, but the Termination process seems to not always disconnect the LPC_Link, so the next debug launch fails with:
"Connected to emulator or board: NXP LXP 1300"
"2 emulators/boards found (1 connected)"

"Device is connected already Other VIDPID=00000000(Connected)"
"LPC-Link Probe v1.0 (id=T1S6RGRIA) [-wire=HID]"

The board seems to work again after a complete power cycle: remove both USBs; connect Console; connect LPC_Link

[B]Confusion[/B]
This behavior leads to much confusion, leading me to change systems as well as several days researching issues on this forum. I noticed that the default installation seems different for v3.6 from previous in that HID is checked and was not in the earlier release.

I'm certain that this is due to some settings, but at a loss to understand just where to look. Any assistance would be most welcome!

Outcomes