cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software License

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Luis Digital on Tue Feb 01 13:55:56 MST 2011
Hello NXP/CodeRed,

I have modified one of the examples, and let me know if I can use any license, when released.

The current project is a USB mouse controlled by accelerometer, and want to use a free license / open.

Other projects may be commercial and closed, so I want to know about the restrictions (if any) to use the examples.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Luis Digital on Wed Feb 02 07:13:24 MST 2011
In that case I post the news files as they are licensed. Just add a note indicating that they have been edited (which were).

When they are available can check if there are any incompatibility or for help with the code :)

Thank you.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Wed Feb 02 01:50:59 MST 2011
As a general (and fairly universal) rule, you cannot change the licensing terms of any source files unless it explicitly states that you can.

The examples are derived from a variety of sources, each with their own licensing terms, and therefore you will need to read the headers/readme/license terms for each file or package that you want to include in your product to see the exact rules.

The general principle that we have tried to adopt (subject to the above caveats) is that the binaries can be included into your products, but the source cannot. But, again, you need to check the terms of each file or package.
0 Kudos