Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1769 QVGA display

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Matias on Tue Jan 31 11:45:34 MST 2012
Hi,

I'm using LPC1769 with LPCXpresso. I've tried to interface a QVGA LCD-display from Embedded Artists (rev B.) via SPI interface without success. Does anybody have an example project about this adaptation for LPC1769/LPCXpresso?
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by frame on Fri Feb 17 04:39:20 MST 2012
At least it work now with the 8-Bit parallel interface - one should read all the documentations REALLY carefully.

Since the SD1289 datasheet states that D1...D8 is used in 8 Bit mode, I wired D1 ...D8 on the QVGA board connector to the GPIO port. I failed to notice, however, that D0 of the controller was not routed to D0 on the connector, but used otherwise. D1...D8 of the controller were already routed to D0...D7 on the external connector. Thus I connected GPIO port effectively to D2...D9, which did of course not work.

For the LPCXpresso1769, I tried the OLED example for the LPCXpresso-Baseboard, which worked out of the box (well, almost).
This example uses SPI by default, the routines come from an EA library (Lib_EaBaseBoard, which is part of the example workspace for Baseboard/LPC17xx).

Since serial readout is not supported by the QVGA LCD controller anyway, I'm not following this route anymore.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by frame on Thu Feb 16 06:31:54 MST 2012
Not that it does help much - I tried the same, and no success.

Next step was to try the parallel 6800 interface in 8 Bit mode, but neither this is going to work for me. The spec. of the controller (SSD1289) is a little vague about this.
All I'm getting out (of the LCD controller) is 0x44, no matter what register I try to read.

Does anyone know the exact sequence of control signal transitions ?

EA provides some examples for LPC2xxx controllers, which use either SPI or the FSMC interface.
They are not helpful if you try to do it with GPIOs.
0 Kudos