lpcware

LPCXpresso 8.1.x debug problems (Ubuntu)

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 18, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by djlegge on Mon Mar 21 03:09:29 MST 2016
Hi,

I have been using LPCXpresso on Ubuntu 14.04 for a couple of years but have hit debug problems with 8.1.2 and 8.1.4 (I did not try 8.1.0). I am using an OM13000 LPCXpresso LPC1769 board as a debug probe to my target (it is an LPC1768). The probe identifies as LPC-Link Probe v1.3 (LinkServer) on 8.1.4.

The problem is that setting breakpoints usually (not always) fails with a 'cannot access memory at...' type error. Also, reading the values of variables is very unreliable - usually you just get nothing. After a few (sometimes just one) single steps with the debugger, I end up with the debugger stopping with : No source available for "0xffffffff" in the code window and "Program received signal SIGSTOP, Stopped (signal). 0xffffffff in ?? ()" in the console.

Going back to LPCXpresso 8.0.0 I have no issues what so ever. The debug probe identifies as LPC-Link v1.1 LPC-Link Driver linux32 v1.1 and debugging works fine.

For now I can just use 8.0.0 (as I have both versions installed) but it would be nice to be able to use the latest version.

Any ideas ? Thanks.

Outcomes