cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC Link-2 problem

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by andres.cass on Thu Oct 29 06:25:10 MST 2015
Hi,
Recently I get a LPC Link-2 debugger. But when I try to donwload a firmware to a board (that works fine with a LPOC Link-1 probe) the LPCXpresso IDE launch a number of error messages.

When I first connect the probe to the PC it appears as "LPC" in de Window's devices window. If I try to debug directly from the IDE it throws the following message:
"Error reported by server (redlinkserv.exe): RedlinkAPI: hardware interface transfer error"

And the LPCLink led starts blinking and in the devices window it apperas now as LPCLINK2 Redlink.

If I try again directly it throws:
"Error reported by server (redlinkserv.exe): RedlinkAPI: hardware interface transfer error
Redlink server has been terminated and will be restarted.
Please restart your debug session.
If the problem recurs, please power cycle your debug probe and restart LPCXpresso"

If I power cycle the debug probe, happens the same.

I tried removing the conttrolers, reinstalling the with the lpc_driver_setup.exe but nothing changes.

I've tried to boot the probe from command line and from the IDE but nothing changes

I am using LPCXpresso  v7.5.0 [Build 254] [2014-10-31] on Windows 7 64 bits.

Thank you
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by andres.cass on Sat Oct 31 07:08:07 MST 2015
I just already upgrade to the latest version of LPCXpresso and at least it recognice the debugger, after some working around others issues.
Thank you
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Oct 29 13:32:55 MST 2015

As a first step, please update your LPCXpresso installation to the current version. The hardware interface transfer error means the debug probe did not get the expected response over the USB channel. This can mean a bad debug connection, a debug circuit problem, a USB problem, etc.. Update your LPCXpresso installation (and driver installation), and take it from there.

Thanks and regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos