cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.9.2 Opens blank workspace

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by pat180269 on Mon Nov 02 05:04:08 MST 2015
I am evaluation NXP  11uxx devices along with LPCOpen and LPCexpresso.

Last week I could write code, compile and debug on LPC11U68 xpresso v2  target board. 

When I came in this morning and start LPCexpresso it opened an empty workspace. The workspace path is correct and the files are physically there but I just get the welcome screen and a blank left pane. I have tried switching workspace and specifying the path again but same result. I also read a post about the last workspace path specified in the .settings folder of the lpcexpresso directory. I made sure this was correct but still no joy.

Anyone any ideas please ?
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Nov 04 11:43:11 MST 2015
With regards to your workspace issues - we have not seen this ourselves or had any other similar reports from other users.

Can you confirm the actual location of your workspace? And I presume this is on a local drive?

And when it prompts you with the wrong workspace, is the correct one still in the drop down list?

And can you confirm some additional details of your host system - OS, RAM, disks, etc?

And your debug probe and target system are?

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by pat180269 on Wed Nov 04 03:54:56 MST 2015
Well thought it was.

It seems every few days LPCexpresso seems to screw up my workspace.  The box which asks if you want to open the last workspace comes up with the wrong one and when I browse to the correct one it opens up a blank workspace. Also its really slow to build and launch the debugger perhaps 30- 40s. What are the alternatives to this on PC for lpc11uxx ?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by pat180269 on Mon Nov 02 06:05:20 MST 2015
Thanks for that, all is now back to normal.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by whitecoe on Mon Nov 02 05:12:09 MST 2015
So the left hand pane that is being display is the "Project Explorer" view isn't it? If you have changed which tab is displayed at some point to, say the "Peripherals" view, then that might be what you are seeing as being blank. Reselecting the "Project Explorer" tab should then bring your projects back.

But if you have got an empty "Project Explorer" view, one thing you could try is to reimport the projects (using the "Project directory" option rather than "Project Archive"). Just make sure you untick the "Copy projects into workspace" option.

HTH!
0 Kudos