Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload to 1114 board consistently stuck at 60%

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vanrein on Sat Apr 10 08:45:30 MST 2010
Hi,

I just installed the current LPCxpresso on Windows XP and started using it to build and debug the blinky app, following the "getting started".  My board is LPC1114-based.  I created a serial number, got a license installed and tried unplugging and replugging the board, as well as rebooting Windows.  I accepted all driver installs, and even allowed the firewall (the second time I tried it).  Whatever I do, I get no error messages but the debug/upload process blocks at 60%.  What causes this process to get stuck?

Thanks,
-Rick
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vanrein on Tue Apr 13 09:14:34 MST 2010
Hello,

Thanks for solving my problem with the LPCxpresso getting stuck:

> Change "LPC-Link boot delay (ms)" to 500
> This is typically only required on 'slow' machines (and maybe VMs).

This did not make a difference for me.  I set it back to its default to test the other suggestion as well as possible:

> check the checkbox "Initilialise LPC-Link as HID" (the default *for XP only* is unchecked)

This did the trick.  I can now single-step through the code.

Thanks a lot!
-Rick
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Sun Apr 11 02:13:30 MST 2010
The command you are issuing is what the IDE issues and there should be no need to run it from the command line. The only small variation is the /tl parameters (which is a timeout). The default value is 250ms and you are setting it to 500ms. To do this from the IDE:

Windows->preferences
+LPCXpresso
+Debug
and change "LPC-Link boot delay (ms)" to 500
This is typically only required on 'slow' machines (and maybe VMs).

To answer the original question, can you try changing the following preference:
Windows->preferences
+LPCXpresso
+Debug
and check the checkbox "Initilialise LPC-Link as HID" (the default *for XP only* is unchecked)

Note: It is recommended that on XP you leave this box unchecked, but if the board is not recognised, you can check the box.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by micrio on Sat Apr 10 21:12:57 MST 2010
I have had the same problem. There was a discussion in a past thread and the solution is to run the command;

dfuapp /f LPCXpressoFS.enc /tl 500

I create a file containing that line;

C:\nxp\lpcxpresso_3.2.3\bin\dfuapp.bat

I create a desktop icon pointing to that file that I must hit after a reboot.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by leon_heller on Sat Apr 10 16:54:30 MST 2010
Have you tried a different cable?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by karpis on Sat Apr 10 10:42:43 MST 2010

Quote: vanrein
Hi,

I just installed the current LPCxpresso on Windows XP and started using it to build and debug the blinky app, following the "getting started".  My board is LPC1114-based.  I created a serial number, got a license installed and tried unplugging and replugging the board, as well as rebooting Windows.  I accepted all driver installs, and even allowed the firewall (the second time I tried it).  Whatever I do, I get no error messages but the debug/upload process blocks at 60%.  What causes this process to get stuck?

Thanks,
-Rick

Got the same :/
0 Kudos