lpcware

More HardFault!

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by micrio on Mon Apr 12 06:37:52 MST 2010
I have been having a HardFault occur every time I debug my app. My app works perfectly if I power cycle my target but then I can't controll it with LPCXpresso. So it seems that the code is good.

Per recomendations here I tried the most basic of apps with the default environment. So I created a new workspace and project. I ran "Create NXP LPC1100 Project". When I debug it I still drop into the HardFault handler. The only change that I made to the default source was to select the internal RC osc as the clock source. This is what I changed;

[LEFT][COLOR=#3f7f5f][COLOR=#3f7f5f]//#define SYSPLLCLKSEL_Val 0x00000001 // Uses external [U]osc[/U].[/COLOR][/COLOR][/LEFT]
[B][COLOR=#7f0055][COLOR=#7f0055]#define [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]SYSPLLCLKSEL_Val 0x00000000 [COLOR=#3f7f5f][COLOR=#3f7f5f]// Use internal RC [U]osc[/U].[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[LEFT]LPC_SYSCON->[COLOR=#0000c0][COLOR=#0000c0]SYSPLLCLKSEL[/COLOR][/COLOR] = SYSPLLCLKSEL_Val;[/LEFT]

[LEFT]I have included a screen shot. This shows the registers and the contents of the stack.
Is there any guide on how to read the stack frame?[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Is there any assembly opcode that I can add that causes the code to break into the debugger? I could use this to enter the debugger earlier than is possible now. I never get to the breakpoint at "main".[/LEFT]

Outcomes