Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster memory view? + funny pic

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Jindra on Sun Apr 11 07:53:02 MST 2010
Sorry to posting this, as it is probably connected with already posted threads ...
Guess what is the value of audioPosRead ?
0 ? 512 ? or 186 ?
uint16_t global variable, lpc1114, debug, no -gc-sections ... and no stack overlap.
The debugger is simply joking ;-)
Please make possible bigger attachments, to put more screenshots here.

Can you provide link to 3.3.3 ?   Maybe is this fixed.

But what I want to ask:
- What is the simplest way to show content of buffer?
E.g. I have variable which is pointer to buffer, now I put it into expression window, from there copy value (addres of buffer), then switch into memory and add memory monitor with this addres. Isn't there something like click right button in code and select show in memory?
(When I right click on it in variable window it says that it evaluate into invalid address)

- why can't scroll in memory monitor to lower address, or why addres isn't editable?
Now it is not very handy when I need to look what is before. I must add new monitor with lower address.
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Jindra on Tue Apr 13 12:51:36 MST 2010
About the picture, with 3.3.4 this works ok.
And about memory expression, good to know. I believe that debuger should understand all the types, at least it knows it in other views. But I try use "unsined char" instead. Thanks.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Mon Apr 12 01:39:29 MST 2010
The expression you enter into the memory monitor will only recognise basic C types (the debugger has no access to the types defined in your app). Also, it must result in a pointer to a 32-bit value. Thus, you will need to do something like ((int *)&params[4])
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Jindra on Sun Apr 11 13:21:39 MST 2010
With entering expression directly I have the problem. When I have local pointer, e.g. "uint8_t *buf;" and when want insert "buf" as expression, it says "Expression 'buf' evaluated to invalid address value"  (buf have value 0x10000014). I am able to insert "&buf" but this isn't what I want.

Go to address is usefull, not works when expression first entered as variable (not address) - this is ok. But I must use address anyway so this is speedup.

I look forward to next release, thanks.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Sun Apr 11 09:29:30 MST 2010
Oh, and if you want to add monitor to view memory, click on the Memory view and the press the Green "+" symbol, and then add an expression that evaluates to a valid address. It could be a hex or deciimal number, or a C reference such as &params.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Sun Apr 11 09:25:23 MST 2010
We believe this problem is fixed in the next release. It will be release this week.

To change the address of a memory view, right click and "Goto address"
0 Kudos