cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1769 Design

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bobi-one on Thu Jun 09 00:58:56 MST 2011
I've  started investigating LPC1769. My goal is to create a development platform, capable of USB host and USB device. My previous experience with LPC1343 suggest that there may be not a lot of differences in the design.
If someone have some experience of creating standalone board for this MCU, please share it :), I will try learn good before pcb design this time.
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Luis Digital on Thu Jun 09 13:18:36 MST 2011
Hi,

CodeRed design has "Device" and "Host" USB. You can find other designs by searching the Internet.

These chips are easy to assemble, does not require anything special. :)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bobi-one on Thu Jun 09 04:27:13 MST 2011
Perhaps it is a good idea to start with some platform. My local distributor offers some version of lpcxpresso 17XX , but as far as i know by reading in google about it, there are different types and revisions, and god knows which one is available here.
I noticed that there must be a PHY chip for the ethernet capabilities. But most importand for now is how to get usb host device capabilities running. There are some suggestive designs in the lpc1769 datashet, but dont know wich one will  work for me.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Thu Jun 09 03:50:37 MST 2011

Quote: bobi-one
I've  started investigating LPC1769. ....
If someone have some experience of creating standalone board for this MCU, please share it :)

You could always buy an RDB1768 board ;) Although this mounts a LPC1768 rather than LPC1769, the only difference in reality is the maximum clock speed. Works out of the box with the LPCXpresso IDE using the built in debug functionality.

Technical information including schematics at:
http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/RDB1768V2Support

Marketing information at:
http://www.code-red-tech.com/lpc1768-development-kit.php

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos