Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso Questions

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ulysses on Mon Mar 29 16:58:38 MST 2010
[COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]As per LPCXpresso kits:[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=blue][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/COLOR]
  [COLOR=black][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/COLOR]
  [COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]Q: Does NXP have or plan to design a seperate program - LPC flash programmer using LPC-LINK?[/FONT][/COLOR]
  [COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]     Or use ISP/IAP only?[/FONT][/COLOR]
  [COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]Q: Do IAR or MDK support with LPC-LINK now? Or planed?[/FONT][/COLOR]
  [COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]Q: For LPC chip programming, the final released binary file is .axf or .hex?[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=blue][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/COLOR]
  [COLOR=blue][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/COLOR]
  [COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]Q: I checked some Make file, there may have commands to convert .axf create .hex file, am I right?[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=blue][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/COLOR]
  [COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]Q: How to check final code/ram size for .axf file? [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=blue][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/COLOR]
  [COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]      When I build released version for blinky example, I saw some basic information at the end of build process, its .Text size can reach 2.7KB, compare with its 8KB maxim flash space, is it OK? Looks like C run-time and system initial code use lot of code space.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=blue][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/COLOR]
  [COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]Q: For LPCXpresso IDE, how to Find/List keywords for all related files in whole project?[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=blue][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/COLOR]
  [COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]Q: As recommendation, I need to close any code optimization for debugging, but when I enable code optimization later to build release version, how can I ensure any time critical design? [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=blue][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/COLOR]
  [COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]     And, when I enable code size optimization and debug those code, what issue will be?[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=blue][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/COLOR]
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Tue Mar 30 02:57:30 MST 2010
Hi,

[COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]Q: Does NXP have or plan to  design a seperate program - LPC flash programmer using LPC-LINK?[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]Or use ISP/IAP only?[/FONT][/COLOR]
  In the next release of LPCXpresso, there will be a built-in flash  programmer that uses LPC-Link. This will also be usable from the command  line.

[COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]     [/FONT][/COLOR]
  [COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]Q: Do IAR or MDK support  with LPC-LINK now? Or planed?[/FONT][/COLOR]
  You will have to ask them.

[COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]Q: For LPC chip  programming, the final released binary file is .axf or .hex?[/FONT][/COLOR]
  We can output in axf, bin, hex, srec.

[COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]Q: I checked some Make  file, there may have commands to convert .axf create .hex file, am I  right?[/FONT][/COLOR]
  Yes. use the arm-none-eabi-objcopy command. See
http://lpcxpresso.code-red-tech.com/LPCXpresso/node/34

[COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]Q: How to check final  code/ram size for .axf file? [/FONT][/COLOR]
  [COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]      When I build released  version for blinky example, I saw some basic information at the end of  build process, its .Text size can reach 2.7KB, compare with its 8KB  maxim flash space, is it OK? Looks like C run-time and system initial  code use lot of code space.[/FONT][/COLOR]
The example blinky application uses additional libraries such as CMSIS to demonstrate their use. If you use the libraries, this will obviously increase the code size.  A minimal blinky can be done in about 200 bytes.

[COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]Q: For LPCXpresso IDE, how  to Find/List keywords for all related files in whole project?
Use the Search->Search menu. You can search for text are for C/C++ keywords/identifiers
[/FONT][/COLOR]  
  [COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]Q: As recommendation, I  need to close any code optimization for debugging, but when I enable  code optimization later to build release version, how can I ensure any  time critical design? [/FONT][/COLOR]
  [COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]     And, when I enable  code size optimization and debug those code, what issue will be?[/FONT][/COLOR]
Sorry but I don't understand the question.
0 Kudos