cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMA and UART

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by strider51 on Wed Sep 11 04:19:38 MST 2013
Hi,
   Maybe I was too narrow in my last question.  I need to get the UART1 and UART0 working with the DMA.  Can anybody tell me where any good example code is for the lpc1769 lpcxpresso without the base-board. thanks for any help on this.
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rocketdawg on Mon Sep 16 08:20:30 MST 2013
Right.  The UART and DMA code should not be compiler/IDE dependent.
It is just "C" code.
The startup code is compiler dependent but you have that with the Code Red tool chain.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by strider51 on Thu Sep 12 09:32:56 MST 2013

Hi,
  thank you for your response. I am using Code_Red tool chain. I was wondering about if not using the base-board would hinder the operation somehow but I would think connecting them as I did with wiring the UARTs together on the bread board would work. So your suggestion would be to look at the code at LPCOpen and modify it to how it is done in the MCB1700 UARTDMA example code?  thanks again.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rocketdawg on Thu Sep 12 08:35:37 MST 2013
The pins for UART0,1 are exposed on the LPC1769.
you will need level shifters for 3.3v to RS-232 (that hardware is probably on the base board, but who knows since they do not provide schematic unless you buy one))
I would normaly point you to LPCOpen

http://docs.lpcware.com/lpcopen/v1.03/group___e_x_a_m_p_l_e_s___p_e_r_i_p_h__17_x_x40_x_x___u_a_r_t....
Although the compiler support is limited, the source code it there.
just grab the UART code.
so it should not be to hard to modify the UART and DMA to your tool chain.

0 Kudos