cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso Error

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bhallett on Fri Apr 09 05:38:41 MST 2010
Hello all

Does anyone know what the attached IDE error is, the error comes up when I try to start a debug session.

Regards
0 Kudos
7 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by brucesegal on Mon Apr 12 07:06:37 MST 2010

Quote: bhallett
Thanks all for your direction.

hfischer's method of shorting PIO0_1 to ground on power up allowed me to reprogram the device with an example application. An I can now use a debug session successfully. Thanks hfischer.

Where did you find the information for that hfischer?

Again, thanks to all

Barry

It's been discussed here several times as a recovery method. I've used it when I setup the PLL incorrectly and couldn't debug. 

http://knowledgebase.nxp.com/showthread.php?p=103

Quote:

[INDENT] 01-05-2010, 10:52 PM
NXP_USA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXP_Europe 
Hi Raimond

...it is advisable to add a delay (see the code in the very beginning of your main function. This will allow you to go into SWD mode after a manual reset...
Another way to re-enable debug mode when it has been disabled by accident in software (and CRP is not enabled) is to force the MCU to start up in ISP In-System Programming mode by pulling PIO0_1 low. If the MCU is forced to startup in ISP mode instead of in user code, then the SWD debugging probe should be able to take control of it before it executes the user code that disables SWD. Or ISP can be used to erase the user code with the help of the Flash Magic software from www.flashmagictool.com and a serial connection.
[/INDENT]

And this fro the LPCXpresso knowledge base

http://lpcxpresso.code-red-tech.com/LPCXpresso/node/44

Quote:

It is possible to run code on the target that will prevent the debugger from being able to connect. There is an option in LPCXpresso that can sometimes allow the debugger to gain control over the target.

First, set the vector catch option in your LPCXpresso project Debug configuration to 'true':

Debug Configurations... -> Project -> Debugger (tab) -> Vector catch (Target configuration)

The LPCXpresso debug driver will attempt to catch the part out of reset.

If this fails, you'll need to boot into the ISP. That is, GND P0.1, and assert RST. Once in the ISP, the target clock configuration is stable, and you should be able to connect.

The first thing you'll want to do is restore the previous clock setting so whatever you leave in flash doesn't destabilize the part again.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bhallett on Mon Apr 12 06:08:49 MST 2010
Thanks all for your direction.

hfischer's method of shorting PIO0_1 to ground on power up allowed me to reprogram the device with an example application. An I can now use a debug session successfully. Thanks hfischer.

Where did you find the information for that hfischer?

Again, thanks to all

Barry
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Mon Apr 12 05:38:58 MST 2010
Have you read/tried what is suggested here?
http://lpcxpresso.code-red-tech.com/LPCXpresso/node/49
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by hfischer on Mon Apr 12 04:38:35 MST 2010
Hi,

have you ever worked on the board?

I remember on my development where i was switching of the SWD Pins and the debugger and the the debugger as well did not recognize the MCU on the board. Pulling down the pin PIO0_1 while plugging the power supply on would solve this problem.

Otherwise, did you cut the board or have a cutted board, where you have to connect the complete MCU part with the debugger part?

Greets
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bhallett on Mon Apr 12 04:18:29 MST 2010
Hi all,

Thanks for your responses guys however, im still getting the same problem.

I have tried so far:
- Removing/Replacing the cable
- Using a new cable
- Clean/Rebuild project
- A fresh install of LPCXpresso on a different PC

Anyone with any more suggestions?

Thanks

Barry
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by renan on Fri Apr 09 07:08:53 MST 2010
I only get that error when forget to connect it to the USB.
So, it might be a cable problem... Try another cable to see if the error still happens.

Renan
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by micrio on Fri Apr 09 06:44:28 MST 2010
I get that often enough. I unplug and reconnect my USB cable and that generally fixes the problem.
0 Kudos