Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stalled on bus operation.

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by micrio on Thu Apr 08 16:21:52 MST 2010
I have a curious problem. When I hit "debug" in the quickstart panel the app loads and then nothing! The message, "Stalled on bus operation" is displayed at the bottom of the window, (status area?). I do not get the debug panel. The "terminate" button in the console panel works, but that is not what I want.

My application is entirely interrupt driven so after initializing it executes a [B][COLOR=#7f0055][COLOR=#7f0055]asm[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B] ([COLOR=#2a00ff][COLOR=#2a00ff]"WFI"[/COLOR][/COLOR]); Could this be the issue? Previously the debugger would always set a breakpoint at "main" but no longer does. Is there a setting for this?

I can manually create a debug window and then I can stop my app and debug normally.

If I put a breakpoint before the [B][COLOR=#7f0055][COLOR=#7f0055]asm[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B] ([COLOR=#2a00ff][COLOR=#2a00ff]"WFI"[/COLOR][/COLOR]); it is ignored.

Are these bugs? Are they setup issues?
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Fri Apr 09 10:42:09 MST 2010
Forgot to mention - please also post a project that exhibits the problems you are seeing. If you can't post your app, probably best to start from one of the example apps and modify it to show the problem
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Fri Apr 09 10:40:20 MST 2010
To get an extended debug log:
- Windows->Preferences
+ LPCXpresso
    + Debug Configuration
Select "Force debug verbose mode"

Now, when you run, there will be a lot more debugging information in the debug log. To see the debug log, select the Console view and then choose (via the dropdown button on the Console toolbar) the MCU debug log. You can then Select All/Copy to get it into the clipboard.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by micrio on Fri Apr 09 07:29:29 MST 2010
I have my configuration set that way. I do not get the default breakpoint at main and I do not get a breakpioint that I set manually before the WFI.

Is there a way to get a debug log from crt_emu_lpc11_13_nxp.exe? I could send you the log after I get this and other errors that I am seeing. I see that there are variuous logging controls in that file. I would be happy to help.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Fri Apr 09 00:37:06 MST 2010
Is your WFI before main() ?

The way to set where the initial breakpoint is set is to do the following:
- select your project in Project Explorer
- click the "Edit debug configuratiuon" button on the toolbar (a bug with a question mark overlayed)
- in the Debug Configurations dialog, select the Debug or Release configuration for your project
- click on the Debugger tab
- change the symbol in "Stop on startup at"
- Apply and debug your ap
0 Kudos