cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

light & temp sensor

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by srikanth689 on Tue Mar 08 10:04:08 MST 2011
can u pl tell me how to use light and temperature sensor and how to go about it in using 1343 and the base board?
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Wed Mar 09 00:23:13 MST 2011
There are examples provided on the Embedded Artists website to access the light and temperature sensors:

http://www.embeddedartists.com/products/lpcxpresso/xpr_base.php?tab=res

You will need to register with their Support site and login to access them though:

http://www.embeddedartists.com/support/

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by srikanth689 on Tue Mar 08 23:25:58 MST 2011
i have tried all examples from the nxp website. our project is home automation where in we are using temperature and light sensor. objective of our project is - it should detect temperature and accordingly control fan speed

it should check light and hence control a intensity of lamp

we would like to know how to code it and how to implement it using the base board lpc 1343 and microcontroller 3154.

thank you
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by NXP_Europe on Tue Mar 08 12:30:23 MST 2011
Hello srikanth689,

several possibilities reading temperature and light-intensity ... e.g. temperature via I2C (sensor SE95 or LM75) or by using the ADC.

See AN11031 (NXP website) as ADC example + software.

Check the manual of the baseboard.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by larryvc on Tue Mar 08 11:55:11 MST 2011
I think srikanth689 is referring to the sensors on the EA LPCXpresso Base Board.

srikanth689 you have to be more specific when asking for help.  Explaining what it is you would like to do with the sensors would be a good start.:)

Are you using example code and having difficulty understanding it?

I don't have a base board so someone else will have to pick up from here.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by igorsk on Tue Mar 08 11:18:53 MST 2011
Is it a general question or you have a specific sensor in mind?
0 Kudos